New technologies applied to archaeological pottery
This website was created in February 2013 with the aim of presenting the results of research carried out on ceramic archaeometry in the northwest Iberian Peninsula.
The setting up of the project was possible thanks to the research project titled “Pottery styles in Galician Prehistory: technology, raw materials and circulation,” financed by the Spanish Ministry of Science and Innovation, the National RD&I plan 2008-2011, and the Sub-programme for Basic Research Projects (2010-2012, HAR2010-17637). This project has made it possible to create a platform for information on pottery from this part of Europe.
Information is now being incorporated on the projects that have been completed or which are underway, listed below:
- Application of archaeometric techniques to the study of ancient pottery from Galicia. PGIDIT07PXIB236075PR. Galician Plan. 2007-2009.
- Pottery styles in Galician prehistory: technology, raw materials and circulation. HAR2010-17637. National Plan. 2010-2012.
- Pb and Sr isotopes in archaeological pottery from Galicia: a study of the sources of raw materials and their access. EM 2012/054. Galician Plan: Emerging Researchers. 2012-2015.
- A study of social change in the third and second millennia BC in the NW Iberian Peninsula based on sites with a mixed context. HAR2012-34029. National Plan. 2013-2015.
- Technology and mediaeval ceramic production from Galicia. HAR2015-64441-P - 2015-PN063. National Plan. 2016-2018.